Monday, July 27, 2009

Chocolate, Chocolate, and More Chocolate

I traveled to Houston the weekend of July 3-5 to visit my college girls, Bets & Deb. It had only been about a month and a half since I'd seen them, but it felt much, much longer, so it was definitely time for a girls weekend. Probably about a month before going to Houston I had been reading a magazine all about Texas and had discovered a magnificent place in Houston that I had yet to visit, The Chocolate Bar. The minute I read about this glorious chocolate heaven I thought "If those girls know about this place and we've never gone there in all the years I've made trips down there they are in big trouble!" Thankfully, for them, they had not heard of this piece of paradise. The Chocolate Bar can only be described as a mini Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. We were THRILLED! It's a fantastic, super cutely decorated, place that makes chocolate treats, ice cream, cakes, pies, etc. and sells them. You walk in the door and it's chocolate from ceiling to floor. They make chocolate tool kits, chocolate golf balls, handcuffs, shoes, etc. Through a little window you can also watch the employees making the wonderful treats. It reminded me a little bit of the episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy and Ethel spend an afternoon working in a chocolate factory. After enjoying some awesome scoops of ice cream that put Marble Slab and Cold Stone Creamery to shame, we bought some chocolate treats and headed out. We'd actually been there a while and decided we'd had enough chocolate. It even deterred us from going into Candylicious next door. The Chocolate Bar is most definitely a chocolate lover's dream. I highly suggest visiting it next time you are in Houston, if you love chocolate like I do. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Would definitely be my kind of place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, You didn't tell me you went there. Sounds like it was a really cool place. and, um, what the heck is Elizabeth doing with that belly?!?! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yawza that is unbeliveable!
    We will need to stop by there when we go down to Houston. Who needs space shuttles when you have that!

    ReplyDelete