Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tulips for the Cure

It's that time of year again. Tulip time!!! No, I'm not talking about those beautiful spring flowers. I'm talking about tulips for Elizabeth's Garden, which is part of Komen North Texas Race for the Cure. This is my second year to be on the tulip committee. I really enjoy it because it lets me be my crafty self. We are able to decorate tulips in any way we like, being sure to leave an 8 1/2 by 11 space so a message can appear on the tulip. We sell tulips for $10 each. You can buy them in honor or in memory of a survivor. All tulips are displayed on Race day. My favorite part of the day is walking through the tulip garden, reading all the messages, and watching Survivors find ones that have been made for them. It makes all the hard work worthwhile. I've been decorating LOTS of tulips lately and am still not done. If you would like to purchase a tulip let me know. You can also do so online here. I've included some of my creations below.

tulip bling

supplies

tulips to be done

I finished this one last night.

kitty paws

zebra print & shoes; fyi, shoes are not easy to draw

I really like this one!

tulips on a tulip

daisies & animal print, some of my faves

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GIRL YOU ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!! I LOVE THESE :) I am so proud of you !!!

    ReplyDelete