Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Single's Awareness Day, err, I mean Valentine's!

So today was Valentine's Day. As a single gal this isn't normally my favorite day. Flowers, chocolates, balloons, stuffed animals...bleh! LOL! However, this Valentine's has turned out to be pretty good. It actually started Thursday night as me & my friends, Leah & Leigh Ann, had a traditional Grey's Anatomy night and exchanged valentine's. On Friday, I got flowers from my super sweet friend, Deborah, who signed the card "You are so very loved. Celebrate me today. Love, Jesus". It made my day! She also decorated all our desks at work. It was great!


Today I had lunch with some old friends I hadn't seen in a while, saw Confessions of a Shopaholic with some great girls, and then headed to a b-day party with some wild rugrats. My friend Keelie has a 3 yr old son, Jonah, who I even bribed with valentine goodies. I told him he got the sweet treats if he let his grandma give him a bath. That little one sprinted out of the bathroom naked to tell me he'd had his bath and was ready for his gift, with outstretched hands. It was hilarious! This valentine's turned out to be great, thanks to terrific friends!

Photos: Keelie & I (friends for 27 years); Keelie's little Glory; Jonah & his cousin, Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment