Monday, August 10, 2009

So irritating!‏

Okay, so LOTS of things irritate me, but this one has REALLY been bothering me lately. Bare with me as I rant. I cannot stand it when people rush onto an elevator before the people who are ALREADY on it have a chance to get out. Sounds like a little thing, I know. But I work in a building full of elevators and I experience this on a daily basis. It's rude! Wait. Wait your turn. Give it a second to see if the people on the elevator are going to step out of it. Most of the time people don't just ride around in them for fun. Step to the side, give them some room. It's the courteous thing to do. Today was the breaking point. I'm on the first floor and I pressed the button to go up. A woman walks over to the elevator and stands waiting as well. We had to wait a bit longer than normal. As soon as the elevator opened up on the first floor, half full with people, she pushes her way in. All but one of these people were wanting to get out of the elevator and had to wait, and then maneuver around her. Really? Seriously? Woman you are rude. Oh, and to top it off I wait for everyone to pile out and am about to get on and the doors begin to shut. Do she and the man on the elevator press any buttons to keep it from shutting? Uh, no! So I stick my arm out to make the doors stop shutting while making a face and a slight sound. Rude. Rude, rude, rude. Okay, I'll stop now. But if elevator doors open and I'm on there you better hop out of the way and let me off before you jump in! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment