Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthday Weekend

I turned 31 on October 10th. Grrrr! LOL! At least I can have fun getting older. I had Monday off for Columbus Day so I enjoyed a fun, long birthday weekend filled with awesome friends and family!
October 8 - Friday night Stephanie, Trista, Julie, & I headed to Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie to see Joel McHale's comedy act. Before the show we enjoyed some awesome homecooking at Cracker Barrel. It was a very fun night!

October 9 - Saturday I celebrated my birthday at Bonnie Ruth's in Frisco with some of my closest friends. It was a fun night full of entertaining conversation, pictures, presents, wonderful food, and the best dessert. I had a blast!

The dessert tray! It was SO hard to choose!

I loved the Twilight cards, gift bag, and presents! ;-)

October 10 - My 31st! Courtney & I spent the day at Cowboy's Stadium in Arlington. As part of the iPromise campaign between the Dallas Cowboys and Susan G. Komen the Cowboys gave Komen 1 million dollars. We were volunteers in the half-time show, making a human Komen ribbon. We even got to meet Komen founder & CEO Nancy G. Brinker, with us above. It was lots of fun and a great way to spend my birthday by honoring my 3 mom, a 3 time breast cancer survivor.

October 11 - On Monday Leah, Leigh Ann, Courtney, & I headed to the State Fair to enjoy tons of fried food. We tried fried blackeyed peas, fried chocolate, fried frito pie, fried cheesecake, fried margarita, and a Fletcher's corn dog. It was fun, but we were exhausted, hot, and full when the day was over.

I guess getting older isn't so bad when there are fun times like these! Here's to year 31! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment