Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ace of Easter Baking

One of my favorite shows on TV is Ace of Cakes. Now I'm definitely no where in the realm of Duff and his bakery, but they do inspire me to be a little creative every now and then. I got it in my head that I would make cupcakes for our Easter celebration in Azle Saturday. I got up early just to make them. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for me. I then took forever decorating the different cupcakes. Some got bunny faces, others got nests, and still others got fun sprinkles. They were a hit at our family get together. I think everyone was suprised that 1) I cooked and 2) that is tasted good! lol! I even took baking one step further and made a bunny cake to take to my grandparents on Sunday. I saw the tin at Target and just had to have it. It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I am SUPER impressed...and it takes a lot to impress me, honestly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm laughing at you getting up early! HAHAHA! Now, I'm complaining because I didn't get a cupcake!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking is baking, not cooking. Keep up the good work though! Feel free to share! lol. You crack me up, chickarooney. And, take back what you said to Keelie, you KNOW I make an awesome food nazi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!!! i need to read this thing more often. You told me that you had done all this, but hadn't seen the evidence. The cake is freakin' cool girl! Maybe you could just go work for Duff?

    ReplyDelete