Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moments from Easter Weekend

This cross is at First Baptist Decatur. I love it because it was put up after a Disciple Now weekend when I was in high school and on it hung our individual commitments to True Love Waits. When I saw the cross Sunday morning it made me smile. Jesus was crucified on a cross and then arose from the grave. What an amazing sacrifice!

My cousin's children are SPOILED ROTTEN. This candy was split between 6 children. Needless to say their baskets ranneth over.

This is Natalie playing around with part of the pinata. I thank God that she was able to be adopted from Guatemala by my cousin and her husband. She is a ray of sunshine. Just look at that smile. She's also a pretty good performer! I love her!

So I couldn't get Sylvest to wear the bunny ears but he enjoyed tossing them around!

My sweet friend Deborah surprised me Friday morning at work with yellow tulips (tulips being my favorites) and this bunny balloon attached to it. She always makes the holidays super special. She's like Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and Tooth Fairy rolled into one!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! Great seeing you too, I wish we lived closer so we could hang out sometime. Maybe one day we will get to move that direction! Oh, and I remember the Disciple Now weekend about True Love Waits but I do not remember hanging the committments on the cross?! Where was I? I remember hanging them in the hallway outside of the youth room instead--hmmmmmm. Funny how things like that trigger old memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Easter. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want my basket to runneth over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was there a little man stuck down in the flowers?

    ReplyDelete