Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Autumn at the Arboretum‏

I love arboretums! They are so beautiful and fun to walk through. I especially love the Dallas Arboretum. I've been to Dallas Blooms in the spring four different times but had never been in the fall. I mentioned it to Keelie and we decided we'd go.

I hopped in the car with Keelie and the kiddos early Sunday afternoon. After a sports quiz from Jonah "Kristi, do you know the Mavericks? Kristi, do you know the Dallas Stars? Kristi, do you know the Dallas Cowboys?", we headed to lunch at Jason's Deli, a quick trip to Old Navy for Jonah an outfit, and then we were on our way to Autumn at the Arboretum. We got there around 2 pm. A co-worker had given me a free admission ticket, which included free parking. That made the trip even better. We walked through the front gate and there were pumpkins EVERYWHERE. I loved it...and so did Jonah. It was a sea of orange. All the pathways were lined with pumpkins, and beautiful mums were popping up everywhere. There were many rare pumpkins at the arboretum as well. I had personally never really seen white and green ones. It was pretty cool. Jonah enjoyed the the Storybook Playhouses that were scattered throughout the grounds. We made it to Eragon, Treasure Island, Peter Pan, and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Jonah enjoyed the streams with huge fish as well. I was personally paranoid that he would fall in and I'd have to jump in after him. I kept one hand on him the whole time. By the end of our outing Glory has passed out in the stroller. Thank goodness because we lost her bottle somewhere along the way! ;-)
I just love going to the arboretum and can't wait for Holiday at the Arboretum, which I didn't even know existed until I read the little book they pass out when you enter. So grab your camera, the kids, your friends, some walking shoes and head East on 635. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment