Thursday, October 15, 2009

My 30th!!!‏

I turned 30 on Saturday, October 10th. Yes, no matter how much begging and pleading I did it still happened. The good news is that I survived.

WORK

I arrived at work on Friday to a desk decorated in 30th Birthday garb. Deborah had balloons, streamers, candy, confetti, and banners all over my desk. There was no doubt in any one's mind how old I was about to turn. She had given me a super cute card with a cat on it and a check! Whoo! Later in the day some beautiful flowers were delivered to me with the bible verse "For I know the plans I have for you, they are plans for good and not for evil. To give you a future and a hope. I love my child. Jesus". I have a feeling Deb was behind those as well. Vincent gave me some super cute earrings from Banana Republic. Everyone in my department signed a 30th sign for me and people walked by all day wishing me Happy Birthday. It was great!

DINNER

After work I was supposed to have dinner at Abuelos with mom, dad, Courtney, Rashahn, and possibly Keelie. I knew my parents were running a bit late as they had headed over from Decatur around 4:30, were going to go get my key's at Discount Tire (I had left the car there at lunch because my tire pressure was low), were picking up dessert at Cheesecake Factory (I requested the Red Velvet Cake & Cheesecake dessert), and wanted to run by my apartment to drop off some items for Saturday that needed to be refrigerated. I was a bit annoyed because they were running late as usual and they even called at one point asking if I could figure out another way to get my keys. I had to work until 6:15 so I didn't know what I was going to do since Discount closed at 6. They said they should be able to make it in time. I asked Rashahn to pick me up at work at 6:15 since I had no car and she was coming to Abuelos with us. At this point I figured Keelie wasn't coming because I hadn't heard anything from her. I left my desk at 6:15 and headed outside but I didn't see Rashahn anywhere. I looked around for a bit but still didn't see her car so I stood at the front of the building waiting. By 6:31 I was starting to worry so I called her but had to leave a message. A few minutes later I was in the process of writing her a text when she called me. She thought I had said 6:45 instead of 6:15. She felt bad but was nearly there. I had called mom & dad and they were still at my apt because Court was not feeling well so we were still going to beat them to the restaurant. Rashahn and I got to Abuelos, put our name on the list and then waited for mom, dad, & Court. They finally called and asked what the exit was so I knew they were close. I kept staring at the door waiting for them to enter. Finally they did, but to my SURPRISE and SHOCK right behind them were Deborah & Elizabeth all the way from Houston, Vanessa all the way from San Antonio, and there was Keelie!!!! I was SO excited! I had NO CLUE! I knew Deb & Eliz were coming the next day but I had no clue Vanessa was coming at all and I didn't know Keelie was coming to dinner. What a great night! Courtney bought a crown that said Birthday Queen which they made me wear and the girls had brought me balloons. We enjoyed some good Mexican food and then headed back to my apt. Oh, and Court was never sick. They were killing time waiting for my surprise guests to arrive. :) Rashahn took me to get my car so we were the last to arrive. The girls wouldn't let me in my apt at first. When they finally did those sneaky girls had decorated with 30th Birthday decor. There was a table cloth, suckers that said 30 Sucks, confetti out the wazoo, a 30th centerpiece, streamers, presents, AND a trivia game board labeled "It's All About Kristi" (think the trivia episode from Friends). It was GREAT! I opened presents & we ate cake. Robert arrived after getting off work and brought cinnamon dessert from Papa Johns. Yum. We then played the trivia game. I had to determine who raised their hand first and what the correct answer was. Talk about pressure. Hehe. Courtney ended up being the winner. Go figure! She has known me my entire life! After that we just hung out eating and talking. I LOVE my family & friends! Everyone left after a while and Vanessa, Deb, Elizabeth, & I crawled into bed around 3:30.

SATURDAY - THE BIG DAY!

The four of us were up by 10:30 and were snacking on cake, chips, cinnamon dessert, and whatever else we could find. I received birthday wishes from family and friends via text and phone calls. Keelie & Glory came by to drop off my birthday present and cupcakes for that evening, since Keelie wasn't able to make it. We eventually all got ready and left for the Belmont Hotel around 4:15. Hey, only an hour and fifteen minutes after we had planned to leave. Not too shabby with 4 girls, 1 bathroom, and 2 wild cats. Leigh Ann, Leah, & Margaret were already at the Belmont and had decorated with streamers, a banner, and had fun drinks ready for us when we arrived. We had met up with Robin & Erin in the parking lot. We hung out, took pictures, and got ready to go have dinner at nearby Tillman's Roadhouse in the Bishop Arts District. There we met up with Stephanie, Jessica, & Julie, and Brinda joined us later as well. We had the Trio of Fries as an appetizer. This consisted of parmesan black pepper kennebec fries, chili dusted purple peruvian fries and smoked salt scented sweet potato fries with housemade catsup and horseradish pickle mayo. Yum! For my meal I had Hickory Smoked Chipotle BBQ Ribs on white cheddar mac-n-cheese. Talk about amazing! Best mac-n-cheese EVER. The blood orange margarita wasn't too shabby either. The waiters surprised me with a smores dessert with a candle and sang Happy Birthday. After dinner we headed back to the Belmont for Keelie's awesome red velvet cupcakes, drinks, and presents. We just hung out, talked, took pictures, and played w/Leah's doggies (well hers and her parent's). I think we headed to bed around 1 am. Most people left on Sunday between 10 and 11. Elizabeth & Deb headed back to Houston and Vanessa rode back to my apt with me, we had some Taco Bell, hung out and rested for a bit, and then she was off to San Antonio.



It was a FANTASTIC 30th Birthday weekend! I could not ask for better friends and family. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life that care about me. Thank you all! You mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment